COOL QUESTIONS FOR COOL PEOPLE
- 1: If you were of the opposite gender, what name would you want to have?
- 2: If you could witness any historical event in person, which one would it be and why?
- 3: What kind of sandwich best describes your personality?
- 4: If your crush or significant other were to turn in to a ferret, what would you do? Would you still like/love them?
- 5: If you became dictator of your country, and you can enact one law that could not be repealed once you are forcibly removed from office, what would that law be?
- 6: What is your opinion of Canada?
- 7: What is your spirit animal?
- 8: If you could change your skin color to anything outside of the natural palette of skin colors, what color would you choose?
- 9: What was the last movie you chose not to watch?
- 10: If you were a farmer, what would you grow?
- 11: What do you miss the most?
- 12: What is your favorite sequel film?
- 13: Rural area, small town, suburb, or big city?
- 14: What's your favorite branch of the military?
- 15: What year of school was best for you?
- 16: What is your favorite month, excluding whichever month contains your birthday?
- 17: What is your favorite type of pie?
- 18: Do you enjoy being single?
- 19: Do you prefer rivers, lakes, or oceans?
- 20: If you had to have one feature on your body changed to a canine version of said feature, what would you choose?
- 21: What is your favorite font?
- 22: What is the highest number of cats you can imagine yourself owning?
- 23: What was your last date like?
- 24: Who are you?
- 25: What is your least favorite illicit substance?
- 26: What is your opinion on 80's music?
- 27: If you could add something to the high school curriculum, what would you add?
- 28: What is your favorite album artwork?
- 29: What is your favorite non-social networking website?
- 30: What is your favorite boy band?
- 31: What is your least favorite casual dining establishment?
- 32: You are allowed one beverage and one candy for the rest of your life. What would you choose?
- 33: If you had to be stranded somewhere on Earth, miles from civilization, what biome would you choose and why?
- 34: What is your preferred projectile?
- 35: You have inherited a nightclub in a major city. What modifications would you make to it?
- 36: What have you done recently to dismantle the patriarchy?
- 37: What song did you most recently get tired of due to its overplaying?
- 38: What is your favorite piece of clothing?
- 39: What was the most awkward moment of your romantic history?
- 40: What brought you to Tumblr?
- 41: What product or service do you find ridiculously overpriced?
- 42: Why did you send the last anonymous Tumblr message you sent?
- 43: Who is your favorite one-hit wonder of the last twenty years?
- 44: How many people, outside of your immediate family, do you know the birthdays of by heart?
- 45: What is your favorite speech?
- 46: What is your least favorite song from your favorite musical?
- 47: How do you feel about dating exes?
- 48: What is your favorite vegetable?
- 49: Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- 50: What is your favorite police procedural?
OH MY GOD
you guys do realized that hydra is a nazi organization, so this isn’t really a funny juxtaposition, it’s pretty gross actually
… it isn’t though? It’s a reference to the Winter Soldier film?? It’s a fictional Marvel organization???
Captain America’s story is set in WWII. HYDRA was the big baddy during the first Captain America movie, and now the main organization for the Agents of SHIELD to be fighting against and the main plot of Winter Soldier. Originally in the comics, it was supposed to be a part of the Nazi party. In the movies, it’s the deep science division of the Nazi party, and has grown to be a super power in the current time frame.
Colbert is a huge fan of the Marvel Universe; if you watch his show he’s actually got Captain America’s shield hanging on his backdrop and has geeked out about the Universe every so often on air. If the title card with this came out recently, it could be a witty nod at the current meme going around Tumblr/the Internet where you start with something innocent and end it with Hail HYDRA. It does still hold a connection with the Nazi Party, which is something we should probably think of whenever we innocently say “Hail HYDRA.” On the other hand it is a fictional group that the creators of the movies tried to push away from the Nazi Party and into their own organization (in the original stories, HYDRA had a Nazi symbol on their uniform, but in the movies they’re using the party as a way to fund their own party by creating weapons).
So I guess what I’m saying is it’s good to remember Hail HYDRA does have roots in the Nazi party, and it’s something we should keep in mind when we joke about it, but on the other hand it is a fictional organization and this may have just been a nod to the new Captain America movie.
cool it comes with a free refill
"fight like a girl" is meant to imply weakness, but some girls don’t play nice.
♥ available for a limited time only ♥
100 Beautiful and Ugly Words
by Mark Nichol
One of the many fascinating features of our language is how often words with pleasant associations are also quite pleasing on the tongue and even to the eye, and how many words, by contrast, acoustically and visually corroborate their disagreeable nature — look no further than the heading for this post.
Enrich the poetry of your prose by applying words that provide precise connotation while also evoking emotional responses
- Amorphous: indefinite, shapeless
- Beguile: deceive
- Caprice: impulse
- Cascade: steep waterfall
- Cashmere: fine, delicate wool
- Chrysalis: protective covering
- Cinnamon: an aromatic spice; its soft brown color
- Coalesce: unite, or fuse
- Crepuscular: dim, or twilit
- Crystalline: clear, or sparkling
- Desultory: half-hearted, meandering
- Diaphanous: gauzy
- Dulcet: sweet
- Ebullient: enthusiastic
- Effervescent: bubbly
- Elision: omission
- Enchanted: charmed
- Encompass: surround
- Enrapture: delighted
- Ephemeral: fleeting
- Epiphany: revelation
- Epitome: embodiment of the ideal
- Ethereal: celestial, unworldly, immaterial
- Etiquette: proper conduct
- Evanescent: fleeting
- Evocative: suggestive
- Exuberant: abundant, unrestrained, outsize
- Felicity: happiness, pleasantness
- Filament: thread, strand
- Halcyon: care-free
- Idyllic: contentedly pleasing
- Incorporeal: without form
- Incandescent: glowing, radiant, brilliant, zealous
- Ineffable: indescribable, unspeakable
- Inexorable: relentless
- Insouciance: nonchalance
- Iridescent: luster
- Languid: slow, listless
- Lassitude: fatigue
- Lilt: cheerful or buoyant song or movement
- Lithe: flexible, graceful
- Lullaby: soothing song
- Luminescence: dim chemical or organic light
- Mellifluous: smooth, sweet
- Mist: cloudy moisture, or similar literal or virtual obstacle
- Murmur: soothing sound
- Myriad: great number
- Nebulous: indistinct
- Opulent: ostentatious
- Penumbra: shade, shroud, fringe
- Plethora: abundance
- Quiescent: peaceful
- Quintessential: most purely representative or typical
- Radiant: glowing
- Redolent: aromatic, evocative
- Resonant: echoing, evocative
- Resplendent: shining
- Rhapsodic: intensely emotional
- Sapphire: rich, deep bluish purple
- Scintilla: trace
- Serendipitous: chance
- Serene: peaceful
- Somnolent: drowsy, sleep inducing
- Sonorous: loud, impressive, imposing
- Spherical: ball-like, globular
- Sublime: exalted, transcendent
- Succulent: juicy, tasty, rich
- Suffuse: flushed, full
- Susurration: whispering
- Symphony: harmonious assemblage
- Talisman: charm, magical device
- Tessellated: checkered in pattern
- Tranquility: peacefulness
- Vestige: trace
- Zenith: highest point
- Cacophony: confused noise
- Cataclysm: flood, catastrophe, upheaval
- Chafe: irritate, abrade
- Coarse: common, crude, rough, harsh
- Cynical: distrustful, self-interested
- Decrepit: worn-out, run-down
- Disgust: aversion, distaste
- Grimace: expression of disgust or pain
- Grotesque: distorted, bizarre
- Harangue: rant
- Hirsute: hairy
- Hoarse: harsh, grating
- Leech: parasite,
- Maladroit: clumsy
- Mediocre: ordinary, of low quality
- Obstreperous: noisy, unruly
- Rancid: offensive, smelly
- Repugnant: distasteful
- Repulsive: disgusting
- Shriek: sharp, screeching sound
- Shrill: high-pitched sound
- Shun: avoid, ostracize
- Slaughter: butcher, carnage
- Unctuous: smug, ingratiating
- Visceral: crude, anatomically graphic
Notice how often attractive words present themselves to define other beautiful ones, and note also how many of them are interrelated, and what kind of sensations, impressions, and emotions they have in common. Also, try enunciating beautiful words as if they were ugly, or vice versa. Are their sounds suggestive of their quality, or does their meaning wholly determine their effect on us?
From Writers Write
One down—probably do Dean or Sam’s next!
CLOTHING LIFE HACKS
Lets clear this out!
Yes, we are the couple from the cat pic, but that story is fake! we didnt wrote it!
Fortunately the real story is much more happy. Thats why we decided to upload a photo from our families together, our parents and our sisters! We have supportive families that love us and acept us. Is important to us that you share the real story behind this photo because is much more powerful and positive the true story, and we like to spred the positive message that everything always turn out just fine! you dont have to hide this from your family, they just need time to understand. The soon you tell them the soon you stop suffering and the aceptation process begin.
Love to all of our followers and please share the real story and the positive message that we want to spred!
Si! Somos nosotros los de la foto del gato pero esa historia no es real, nosotros no la escribimos!
Afortunadamente la historia real es mucho mas feliz. Es por eso que decidimos subir esta foto de nuestras familias juntos, nuestros padres y hermanas. Tenemos familias que nos apoyan y nos aceptan. Es importante para nosotros que compartas la historia real detrás de esa foto porque es mucho mas poderosa y positiva que la falsa, y queremos esparcir el mensaje positivo de que todo siempre termina saliendo bien! No tenes q esconderles esto a tu familia, ellos solo necesitan tiempo para entenderlo. Mientras mas rápido se los digas mas rápido vas a dejar de sufrir y el proceso de aceptación va a comenzar mas rápido.
Cariños a todos nuestros seguidores y por favor compartan la historia real y el mensaje positivo que queremos esparcir!
Reducing an out of context picture of strangers to inspiration porn is so dehumanizing.
Oh internet you are so full of dark and light I just don’t even know what to make of you sometimes!
a thank you card for cypress_tree, my internet-fandom-writing friend, who has been a source of creative inspiration and Hufflepuffian support since our happy online meeting, and who gives possibly the most wonderful birthday presents I’ve been lucky enough to receive
and I thought maybe ‘net friendship was sentiment other people might share <3